• Responsible for sourcing opportunities and managing day-to-day business
• 25+ years of real estate experience
• Former CEO of Alvarez & Marsal’s Real Estate Consulting Practice
• Former Partner of PwC in Dallas, Texas
• Responsible for sourcing and underwriting development and acquisition opportunities as well as leasing, financial analysis, market analysis, broker management and other critical areas of the development process
• 30+ years experience as an effective and accomplished commercial real estate consultant
• United Development Co. is tapping Ford's vast network of national contacts in expanding the company's retail and hospitality portfolio.
• 20+ years advising, originating, underwriting and closing more than $4 billion in commercial real estate transactions through the US.
• Significant experience within the real estate structured finance, acquisition, advising and work-out/restructuring arenas with tenures at JP Morgan, PricewaterhouseCoopers and Alvarez & Marsal.
• Responsible for supporting existing and new development opportunities in the greater Atlanta area as well as in the Asheville, Charleston, and Savannah markets
• Responsible for sourcing retail and hospitality opportunities, supporting leasing, financial analysis, market analysis, and construction oversight activities
• Atlanta-based licensed Architect/MBA with 10+ years of construction oversight experience and 20+ years delivering real estate consulting services for owners within firms such as Gensler, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, and Alvarez & Marsal
• Management of transactions, projects, special events and marketing.
• 10+ years experience in upper end, private golf club residential development
• Former President/CEO of the Southlake Chamber of Commerce
• 30+ years in real estate project management, development and construction supervision
• Career experience includes apartments, retail, industrial, nursing homes, detention facilities, self-storage and residential subdivisions
• Responsible for residential development deals and their construction
• 35+ years development experience includes arranging, organizing and building a number of world-renowned, award-winning residential developments including The Woodlands in Houston, Tx and Desert Mountain in Scottsdale, Az
• Served as President of a COI hotel group which operated several luxury hotels and spas, including Park Hyatt Beaver Creek and the Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
• Served as chairman of Charter Hospitals
• 40 years of commercial leadership experience from site selection through project build and close out.
• Consulted and directed expansion and development of corporate and franchise businesses for PepsiCo, U-Haul, GE Capital, Outback Steakhouse, Yum! Brands Restaurants, McDonald’s, Starbucks and others.
• Responsible for property maintenance, tenant relations, insurance and property taxes.
• 20+ years-experience in tenant coordination on both the tenant and development sides.
• 5 years-experience in commercial property management.
• Responsible for company and project reporting along with assisting Development Partners with sourcing and day-to-day activities
• 13+ year’s experience in Real Estate Advisory with a focus on buy and sell-side due diligence, construction and project management, as well as portfolio rationalization and cost reduction for both real estate owners and occupiers
• Former Director in Alvarez & Marsal’s Real Estate Consulting and Private Equity Services practices
• Oversees all aspects of the Accounting Department, Financial Reporting, Job Costs & Budgets.
• Over 15 years’ experience in Accounting/Financial Reporting.
• Over 12 years in Real Estate construction, development and operations.
Investors & Development Partners
A.D.J.G. “Ton” van Dam
Board of Managers of United Development Company
• Chairman of United Investment Company, B.V.
• Founding partner of Multi Development, one of the largest development companies in Europe, with more than $2 billion in annual revenues before its sale to Morgan Stanley
Arjen van Rijn
CFO OF UNITED INVESTMENT COMPANY
• Functions as the link between investment opportunities generated by United Development Company and UDC Health Developers and potential equity-sources in Europe
• Past Executive Board Member responsible for the international real estate finance division of a Dutch Bank, managing a $6 billion (Euro) real estate loan portfolio spanning six Western European countries, Canada and the United States
• Member of the Dutch Register of Certified Auditors
• Responsible for project entitlement, managing leasing activity and overseeing construction of retail projects
• Principal in power centers, neighborhood centers and mixed-use developments
• Former Development Director for Hamilton Development
• Former Senior Vice President VCW, Inc.
• Responsible for all aspects of sourcing, acquiring, entitling and building all development projects
• 30+ years of real estate development experience
• Founder of Vertical Holdings; Senior Executive at Westcor